A recent review (thanks to KT Park for reference) provides helpful resource for treating H pylori infection; this is becoming more important in this era of frequent antibiotic resistance. While this blog has reviewed expert recommendations for treatment, this article provides more insight into salvage treatments. Table 1 reviews standard quadruple and triple regimens. Table 2 (below) provides dosing in adults for salvage therapy.
Thung, I., et al. (2015), Review article: the global emergence of Helicobacter pylori antibiotic resistance. Alimentary Pharmacology & Therapeutics. doi: 10.1111/apt.13497
Related blog posts:
- What is Evidence-Based Medicine for Helicobacter… | gutsandgrowth
- Helicobacter pylori -useful advice | gutsandgrowth
- High Rates of Helicobacter Pylori Resistance | gutsandgrowth
- Understanding Resistance to Helicobacter pylori | gutsandgrowth
- Helicobacter Pylori: …and Dubious Beneficial Claims | gutsandgrowth
Disclaimer: These blog posts are for educational purposes only. Specific dosing of medications/diets (along with potential adverse effects) should be confirmed by prescribing physician/nutritionist. This content is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a condition.