I recently had the opportunity to hear a terrific lecture by Kathleen Hoff regarding efforts to achieve continence for children, especially those with anorectal malformations. This blog entry has abbreviated/summarized the presentation. Though not intentional, some important material is likely to have been omitted; in addition, transcription errors are possible as well.
Key points (my notes followed by screenshots of some of the slides):
How to reach PARC team:
- 404-785-8787, ask for PARC or Colorectal Program
Related blog posts:
- Do You Know the Best Way to Use Antegrade Enemas?
- Is the Rectal Exam Obsolete?
- Soiling Stinks! | gutsandgrowth
- ACE report -10 year effectiveness | gutsandgrowth
- Refractory Constipation -Terrific Update | gutsandgrowth
- Updated Pediatric Expert Constipation Guidelines | gutsandgrowth
- Stimulants for constipation | gutsandgrowth