Magnet ingestion has been a popular topic this past week on the pediatric GI listserv and follows a recent post on this blog as well (Magnet ingestion –urgent removal needed). Two useful links are listed below:
- www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/popular-magnets-pose-risk-if-%20swallowed/2012/01/25/gIQA3EwgVQ_story.html This website describes two recent ingestions in Fairfax, Virginia.
- https://www.saferproducts.gov/CPSRMSPublic/Incidents/ReportIncident.aspx This link is to the Consumer Product Safety Commission. This is the arm of Government that has the responsibility to act by removing or modifying the way a product is sold to the public. This email the link is to the reporting page to the Consumer Product Safety Commission.
Pingback: Magnets: Clear and Present Danger | gutsandgrowth
Pingback: Magnetic Foreign Bodies –Still a Problem | gutsandgrowth
Pingback: Foreign Bodies in Children -Expert Guidance | gutsandgrowth
Pingback: NASPGHAN Statement on High-Powered Magnet Court Ruling | gutsandgrowth