Along with Kylia Crane, I presented the final lecture at this year’s Georgia AAP Nutrition Symposium: Optimizing Nutrition and Formula Selection in Toddler’s and Children. Kylia is a nutritionist and dietician at the Georgia AAP who works on a multitude of projects to enhance nutrition for pediatric patients across the state. This lecture was intended as a practical review of feeding problems and poor growth.
After a brief discussion of some basic feeding principles, the lecture focused on specific case presentations and then reviewed formula selection. At the end, I quickly mentioned some of the big nutrition stories for 2015. The entire talk will be available at the Nutrition4Kids website.
Here are some of the slides:
Additional resources that I discussed:
- “Child of Mine”
- “The Secrets of Feeding a Healthy Family”
Laura Jana/Jennifer Shu:
- “Food Fights”
In the lecture, I credited some of the material to Dr. Praveen Goday who shared his slides from a previous lecture. In addition, I am grateful to Dr. Seth Marcus who provided input into the lecture content.
Related blog posts:
- N2U -Part 2: Poor Growth and Short Bowel Syndrome | gutsandgrowth
- The Peanut Story -From NEJM Blog | gutsandgrowth
- Low FODMAPs Diet in Pediatric Irritable Bowel | gutsandgrowth
- Spice It Up? Curcumin for Ulcerative Colitis | gutsandgrowth
- Changing Practice Patterns with Pediatric … – gutsandgrowth
- Head-to-Head: Nutritional Therapy versus Biological Therapy …