Those opposed to gun safety provisions (a.k.a. gun control legislation) argue that laws will not prevent criminals from obtaining firearms illegally. A recent commentary in NY Times provides some data that shows that states with more gun safety provisions have lower levels of gun-related deaths (especially suicides).
Related blog posts:
- Firearm Mortality –Tragic Inertia
- No Exaggeration: Too Many Children are Dying in the US
- Another Day in the US: School Deaths Related to Firearms
- Is There an Unlocked Gun Where Your Child Plays?
- Firearm Mortality in U.S.
- Is It OK for Pediatricians to try to Prevent Firearm Injuries? Focus on Child Safety –Not on Gun Safety
- Physician narrative on gun control | gutsandgrowth
- NY Times: End the Gun Epidemic in America | gutsandgrowth
- A Call to Arms for Health Care Professionals