Between 2001-2013, gun related deaths exceeded the total number of deaths from AIDS, terrorism, war, and illegal drug overdoses combined (according to Vox -see Firearm Mortality in U.S). Here are some tweets in reaction to yesterday’s tragic events.
Link to The Onion commentary: ‘No Way To Prevent This’
Related blog posts:
- Firearm Mortality -Tragic Inertia
- Is It OK for Pediatricians to try to Prevent Firearm Injuries? Focus on Child Safety –Not on Gun Safety
- Physician narrative on gun control | gutsandgrowth
- NY Times: End the Gun Epidemic in America | gutsandgrowth
- A Call to Arms for Health Care Professionals