A recent study has shown how pervasive surprise billing has become. This is another area in medicine in which deceptive billing practices undermine the relationship between families and health care providers.
Related blog posts:
- Healthcare: “Where the Frauds Are Legal”
- Why Are So Many “Low Value” Endoscopies Performed?
- Do you know about the “Choosing Wisely… | gutsandgrowth
- Deriving Measures of High Value Pediatric Care | gutsandgrowth
- Value-based care | gutsandgrowth
- Implementing High-Value Care | gutsandgrowth
- What physicians can learn from fast-food restaurants… | gutsandgrowth
- 5000% Increase for Well-Established Drug | gutsandgrowth
- Some Hospitals Marking Up Treatments By As Much As 1000%