- First, schools cannot reopen safely when community transmission is high and climbing. In our view, schools should open only in places that have fewer than 75 confirmed cases per 100,000 people cumulatively over the previous seven days, and that have a test positivity rate below 5 percent…
- Second, schools should avoid high-risk activities. ..
- Third, focus on the basics where risks are tolerable — that is at the medium level or lower on our chart. ..
- [Fourth] Schools must adhere to public health measures and reduce density in classrooms and elsewhere on campus.
Related blog posts:
- More School Advice for Organ Transplant Recipients, Plus Another Benefit of the Influenza Vaccine | gutsandgrowth
- What Our Office is Recommending for IBD Patients and School
- COVID-19: Universal Mask Wearing (JAMA) and Israel’s Concerning Experience with Opening Schools | gutsandgrowth
- COVID-19: Meat Processing Personnel, School Opening Problem and Nosocomial Infections | gutsandgrowth