EW Lopes et al. Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 2022; 20: 303-313.Open Access: Dietary Gluten Intake Is Not Associated With Risk of Inflammatory Bowel Disease in US Adults Without Celiac Disease
Key finding: In 3 large adult US prospective cohorts (n=208,280), gluten intake was not associated with risk of CD or UC in 5,115,265 person-years of follow-up evaluation.
My take (from authors): These ” findings are reassuring at a time when consumption of gluten has been increasingly perceived as a trigger for chronic gastrointestinal diseases.”
Related blog posts:
- “Is There a Downside to Going Gluten-Free If You’re Healthy? Yes”
- Gluten-free Diet –No Evidence It is Helpful for Healthy Individuals
- Is a Gluten-Free Diet a Healthy Diet for Those Without Celiac Disease?
- An Unexpected Twist for “Gluten Sensitivity” | gutsandgrowth
- Gluten-Free Diet Can Be Unhealthy
- The Search for a Dietary Culprit in IBD