L Tong, Y-T Chang. NEJM 2022; 386: 1070. Pneumatosis Intestinalis in Necrotizing Enterocolitis
This image below is from an 11 day-old born at 39 weeks gestational age. Sadly, he did not survive an emergency operation.
Related blog posts:
- Can Necrotizing Enterocolitis Be Prevented with Antibiotics?
- Updated Outcome Data for Necrotizing Enterocolitis (2020)
- Is CMV a Trigger for Necrotizing Enterocolitis?
- Nutrition Support for Intestinal Failure | gutsandgrowth
- IFfy outcome | gutsandgrowth
- Impact of Maternal Antibiotics on NEC and Death in Neonates
- Intestinal Failure -A Concise Review