A recent Bowel Sounds had some very useful insight into gastroparesis/dyspepsia. This bowel sounds was particularly interesting with regard to gastric electrical stimulation (very effective in highly selected group) and pyloric botox. It also reviewed many of the difficulties in diagnosis/overlap with dyspepsia.
Listen here: http://buzzsprout.com/581062/11110065
- Lu PL, Di Lorenzo C. Gastroparesis in the Pediatric Patient: Children are Not Little Adults. Gastrointest Disord. 2020, 2(2), 86-95
- Lu PL, Moore-Clingenpeel M, et al. The rising cost of hospital care for children with gastroparesis: 2004-2013. Neurogastroenterol Motil. 2016 Nov;28(11):1698-1704.
- Lu PL, Teich S, et al. Improvement of quality of life and symptoms after gastric electrical stimulation in children with functional dyspepsia. Neurogastroenterol Motil. 2013 Jul;25(7):567-e456.
- Orsagh-Yentis DK, Ryan K, et al. Gastric electrical stimulation improves symptoms and need for supplemental nutrition in children with severe nausea and vomiting: A ten-year experience. Neurogastroenterol Motil. 2021 Sep;33(9):e14199.
Neuromodulator Algorithm for Adults with Disorders of Gut-Brain Interaction from @Liane428:
Related blog posts
- Are Gastroparesis and Functional Dyspepsia Part of the Same Problem?
- Dreaded Nausea
- Algorithm for “Cursed” Dyspepsia
- Faulty Narrative with Functional Nausea Study | gutsandgrowth
- Brave New World: Psychotropic Manipulation & Pediatric …
- Understanding Idiopathic Nausea | gutsandgrowth
- NEJM: Functional Dyspepsia | gutsandgrowth
- Tweetorial: Refractory Gastroparesis
- Dreaded Nausea (2017)