J Pedersen et al. JAMA Pediatr 2022; 176: 741-749. Effects of Limiting Recreational Screen Media Use on Physical Activity and Sleep in Families With Children
Key finding: In this cluster randomized controlled trial (n=181, ages 6-10 years), screen media reduction in the treatment group resulted in an increase of 45.8 minutes per day of physical activity compare to the usual routine group.
Related blog posts:
- What’s More Important for Health: Exercise or Weight loss?
- What Really Causes Obesity and Weight Bias
- Time to Change the Medical Treatment and Attitudes Directed at Obesity?
- Brain Response to Physical Activity different in Obesity
- Surprise, Surprise: Inadequate Physical Activity is a Predictor of Fatty Liver Disease (Plus 2)
- Carlo DiLorenzo: Lessons Learnt Over 30 Years