A recent FAQ on Eosinophilic Esophagitis Ronak Patel, MD Ikuo Hirano, MD, AGAF: Full Text -GIHepNews (August 2020) Eosinophilic esophagitis: Frequently asked questions (and answers) for the early-career gastroenterologist
One aspect about this review that I liked was the dietary step-up –step-down therapy figure:
Reference: J Molina-Infante et al. J Allergy and Clincal Immunology. DOI:https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jaci.2017.08.038 Step-up empiric elimination diet for pediatric and adult eosinophilic esophagitis: The 2-4-6 study Results: A TFGED (2-food) achieved EoE remission in 56 (43%) patients, with no differences between ages. Food triggers in TFGED responders were milk (52%), gluten-containing grains (16%), and both (28%). EoE induced only by milk was present in 18% and 33% of adults and children, respectively. Remission rates with FFGEDs (4-food) and SFGEDs (6-food) were 60% and 79%, with increasing food triggers, especially after an SFGED. Overall, 55 (91.6%) of 60 of the TFGED/FFGED responders had 1 or 2 food triggers. Compared with the initial SFGED, a step-up strategy reduced endoscopic procedures and diagnostic process time by 20%.
Related blog posts:
- 2020 Eosinophilic Guidelines (AGA)
- Eosinophilic Esophagitis -Up to Date Dietary Management Review
- Changing the Dietary Approach ot EoE
- Four-food group elimination diet | gutsandgrowth
- Diet and Stress in Pediatric Eosinophilic Esophagitis
- Useful information on EoE Dietary Therapies
- Eosinophilic Esophagitis -Six Food Group Diet
- What is EoE?
- EoE Update 2018 (Dr. Seth Marcus)
- Updated Consensus Guidelines for Eosinophilic Esophagitis