This article provides a thorough review of EoE -including clinical features, differential diagnosis, diagnostic criteria, and treatments.
Key point: “The evidence suggests that PPIs are better classified as a treatment for esophageal eosinophilia that may be due to EoE than as a diagnostic criterion, and we have developed updated consensus criteria for EoE that reflect this change.”
Related blog posts:
- EoE Update 2018 (Dr. Seth Marcus)
- Long-term Use of PPIs for EoE
- Do we still need PPI-REE?
- Nexium versus Fluticasone for EoE
- Guidelines for Eosinophilic Esophagitis
- Higher Doses of Topical Steroids for Eosinophilic Esophagitis …
- Putting in Place a Big Piece of the Eosinophilic Esophagitis …
- Eosinophilic Esophagitis Slide Set | gutsandgrowth
- MicroRNA signature for eosinophilic esophagitis | gutsandgrowth
- EoE: Drugs, Diets, Dilatation and PPI-REE