Also, related articles:
- D Bushyhead et al. Gastroenterology 2019; 157: 944-5. This practical teaching case report noted that oral immunotherapy (OIT) has been shown to trigger new onset EoE in 2.7% (AJ Lucendo et al. Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 2014; 113: 624-9).
- R Alexander et al. Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 2019; 17: 2371-3. This study compared eating behaviors of adults with active EoE (n=10), inactive EoE (n=10) and control patients (n=10). Not surprisingly, those with active EoE took longer to eat (18.3 min compared to 12.4 min, and 13.0 min respectively) and had more drinks after a single bite (11.6 compared with 5.1 and 2.5 respectively)
Related blog posts:
- What Happens When Topical Steroids are Stopped in Eosinophilic Esophagitis
- Orodispensable Budesonide Tablets for Eosinophilic Esophagitis
- Surprising Findings in Prospective Study of Budesonide in EoE Study
- What Happens When Topical Steroids are Stopped in EoE
- Neglibible Effect of Eosinophilic Esophagitis Treatment on Longitudinal Growth
- What is EoE?
- EoE Update 2018 (Dr. Seth Marcus)
- Updated Consensus Guidelines for Eosinophilic Esophagitis