Link to full NASPGHAN 2019 Abstracts.
Here are some abstracts that I found interesting at this year’s NASPGHAN meeting:
- Off-label use of topiramate may be helpful in stabilizing weight and improving NAFLD
- Socioeconomic barriers are frequent in NAFLD patients (the 2nd poster did not appear to show a control population):
Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis -Use of Vedolizumab for PSC did not appear to help
- EoE is four times more likely in this cohort with inflammatory bowel disease
- 2nd poster describes very early-onset EoE
Inflammatory Bowel Disease:
- Use of infliximab in VEO IBD. Used in 46/122 (38% of patients) and 50% had persistent use 3 years later
Enteral nutrition –poster from our group describing good tolerance of plant-based formula (with Ana Ramirez).
Celiac disease. This poster indicates low yield of additional serology for celiac disease besides TTG IgA and serum IgA. This includes testing in young patients (< 2 years) with celiac disease.